Previous Posts
how to become wealthy on ebay

AchieveCard

Frugal Tips

How To Save Money At Aldi's

Dollar Tree Inkjet Refills

Best Items To Resell On Ebay

Grocery Smarts

Saving Energy – Saving Money

Comparison Shopping – Save a Ton of Money

CVS Rewards Card

I replaced my broken cell phone for $40
Monday, November 15, 2010


I purchased my silver LW310 Cricket flip-phone one or two years ago. The sales lady strongly suggested I buy insurance for my cell phone in the event it was lost or damaged. The cost of insurance was only an extra $5 per month. I debated on it. I figured if I could survive 25 months without breaking or losing my cell phone, I would have saved the price of insurance. It broke.

The screen is completely blank. I can still make and receive phone calls but I cannot see what time it is, or use caller ID, or any other feature on my cell phone. All my business contacts are on my cell phone too.

Since I didn’t opt for insurance, it would probably cost me a fortune to have repaired or replaced. I loved this phone and did not want to purchase a new one either.

I drove to the Cricket Wireless store and asked the sales lady "If I purchased the exact same phone on eBay could I just transfer the service ?" She said (the same sales lady, damn she’s been working there forever) "The service could be transferred for a fee of $15 a long as it was a Cricket cell phone. I scoured ebay for silver LW310 Cricket flip . I stumbled upon one used for $25 with free shipping:

Cricket flip-phone Lg Helix silver

The replacement phone I purchased on eBay is currently in transit as I write this. I shall post an update upon it’s arrival.

UPDATE: I received the used Cricket cell phone via UPS today. It didn't come with a charger but that's okay. I still have the old charger (and now a replacement battery). Cricket informed me, without insurance I would have needed to purchase a brand new cell phone. I guess they don't do repairs. The total charge to switch service to a new phone was $16.20 making the total cost I paid to replace my broken cell phone $41.20. I could have transferred my phone number contacts for an additional $10, but I opted not to. I may just try to find a third LW310 Cricket flip-phone on eBay just to have a backup.

0 Comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
 

Share

Name: Joe
Email: faheeta@juno.com
Home: Niagara Falls, New York, United States

The Frugal Shopper

Merrick's Land Of Freebies

Healthy Wealthy Mom

San Jose Real Estate

Share

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER


Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites

© Penny Pincher Template by Isnaini Dot Com